19 months abroad!
This is a really weird roundup for me, because I have a ticket back to Canada in three weeks and I still haven’t decided if I’m going to cancel it or not. I always have a return ticket every time I enter Honduras, and I usually just push it back or cancel it. For some reason I kept this one open from last summer… I haven’t made a decision yet, but I need to in the next week or so. So enjoy this Roatan roundup, as it may be the last!
I want to send you over to read the always-lovely Alex‘s recent blogging FAQ, not just because she gave me an awesome shout-out in it which is super flattering because she’s my blogging idol, but because it’s a really worthwhile read for everyone who blogs, especially those of you just starting out in the blogging world. She also answers a lot of questions readers ask me. Wow, how many times can I use the word ‘blog’ in one paragraph?
Let’s get to the roundup!
- rent on Roatan part one: what you can get for $300 US/month (my new place!)
- another post in my Roatan Review series: Bay Islands Original Cafe
- 5 myths about life as a dive instructor in the tropics (did you really think I was on holiday while working??)
- another Roatan Review post: Deliciosa Creamery
- rent on Roatan part two: what you can get for $400 US/month (my old place)
A lot of informational posts this month, it seems.
3. Coolest thing I’ve found on the internet this month:
I guess most of you have probably heard of Dinovember already, but I just found it and I love it. These parents are winning. They convince their little kids that during the month of November, their plastic dinosaurs come alive at night while the kids are sleeping and get into all sorts of capers. In my books, this is WAY better than telling your kids from fat stranger comes down your chimney once a year and then flies away in a magic sleigh after leaving you a MacBook if you’re good. Anyway, kids aren’t for me, but the next time I get a roommate we are so doing this.
Well, we will see where my month 20 roundup comes to you from in a month… Roatan or elsewhere!